Thursday, November 18, 2010

Gone, But Not Forgotten? - A Lesson In Pride

It was a misunderstanding, really.  I wouldn't have considered it an infraction, but, it wasn't up to me.  He considered it something I didn't do for him that I was supposed to. 

I was given time to reflect on what my misdeed was before he just told me - all the while wearing clothespins.  They were to be rotated 90 degrees every 5 - 7 minutes or so & I rotated them 3 times before he finally told me, since I couldn't figure it out.

I told him why what he said I failed to do didn't come to mind during my timeout, and admitted that they were just excuses as it is not up to me to read and interpret loopholes in our system.

The rice came out and I started cleaning @ 6:52pm.  I texted him at 7:26 that I had finished cleaning everything I could reach while on my knees, and then I waited.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

8:29pm - my knees are screaming and I'm getting concerned that it is almost time to take care of some things at home, so again, I text him and ask to be released.

"Yes" is his response. 

Then, "Sorry, I'm working."

I texted back without thinking, "You forgot me?"

"Yes, I did.  Are you hurt?"

Again, without thinking I reply that the only thing hurt is my pride.

His reply was very sweet, "I am sorry to have turned away from you. It was pretty unavoidable. You are so loyal you deserve a reward."  He then went on to tell me what that would be if we were local.  Every girl's dream, let alone any sub.

So I have a reason to feel wronged, right?

No.

My last texts to him shame me.  I accused him, through a question, of forgetting me.  I told him, ecD, that my pride was hurt.

Shame on me. 

I'm sure that he will recognize this, also, when he reviews our texts.  And there may be further punishment.

Did you know that after 1 1/2 hours kneeling on rice, you develop blisters? 

And the prize?  Beautiful bruises.

No comments:

Post a Comment